popular posts

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Best Lesson

I do not own this pic. LOOOVVVIIINGGGG the messages written

It hase been a while since I wrote the last poem for my 2nd collection. Handling packed schedules and writing at the same time is not an easy task for a procrastinator like me. A big applause and millions of kisses and hugs for my one and only editor: Miss Sitti for the time you have spent so far. Thanks babe. You're always the best editor of mine so far. I can rely my full faith only on you. 

I dunno why, but it takes me with a lot of courage and a solid encouragement only to present my fellow readers with this poem I made from a wasted time. And after hearing such a heartbreaking story from one my housemates, I thought it isn't a sinful attempt to deliver those emotions into some words, right?

To that fellow, I just want to tell you this:
You have just escaped yourself from a journey with wonders. You don't deserve her after all she gave to you...
If you don't know the right meaning of these words - APPRECIATE, GRATEFUL - Boy; you should learn them better.
Wounding her tiny, fragile heart is not a good thing, you know.

To that girl, be strong! Allah knows better and what is good for both of you. It's about time to finalize all these heartbreaking episodes of your love life. Let the ends begin.
Here; I present you with this portrait of emotions I made:

THE BEST LESSON
Poem by: Invictuscoramal
Edited by: Sitti

Behind my courage,  lies immense fear,
Fear of recollections the memory of our time together.
I am fed up of the paranoia that accompanies it
but I have no idea how to keep it locked away.

Have you ever regretted our history together?
"I have"

A guiltless goodbye you bid me,
to a better place, I presume?

I've lost once in this battle
Facing the grief of losing,
the feeling of abandonment,
the fake hopes, the waiting
and finally left broken-hearted.

Your perfection is tantalising
You are the things that I'll never want to change
Someone who I could put all my trust to
and share all the secrets that I have.

And you betrayed me;
gave me unbearable agony.
Taking advantage of your position,
you took away my innocence.
You tore me apart.

But still,
I gave you countless chances
still wishing to share all the warmth that I have with you in your slumber
I wish to sing my best lullaby in your dreams.
Praying for us to make it through
and realise the promises that we wrote.

I was naive.
It never happened.
And in my heart, you are dead to me.
This is our final chapter.



In contrary, I'm feeling good with all the love around me. Henry has just caught my eyes (screaaaammmm) 
To omma and appa: 
Born Again, Still Your Daughter - Stealing this from Junnie's tattoo. 

1 comment:

  1. Amal sayang, i didn't know that you're gonna post this! i'm soo sorry i have been editing your poems. i have been very busy this sem and even before the sem started. i promise that i'll get right on to it once i finish my final exams this week.

    love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Readers

Who Am I?

My photo
Don't judge from the words written but eyes that are seeing