popular posts

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Conversation Between Us

Where my heart still is, I admit I'm not too sure.
When the sky starts to cry, I become reminiscent and lonely.
Although I like to think I've moved on, I can't help but think that
I shouldn't have let go, I should've held on tighter.

The beginning was so pure and pubescent, virgin and untainted.
When a person is gone, should you miss him or remember him?
If you miss him, do you look back at old pictures and cry?
If you remember him, do you think of the tone of his voice, his laughter?
Do you think back to the conversations between you and him?

Conversations between Us? 

Yayyy!!! Akhirnya habis jugak bace this fanfic (fanfiction) in Soompi. It took me 2 days to finish reading it. 
Actually, I'm not really into reading all these fictions in internet especially when they aren't from one of the bestsellers. I dunno, I appreciate something with a nicely designed, hard-covered novel instead for my extra leisure. It looks more 'trustful' and 'believable'. But, I always end up being brokenhearted. 
The contents are far away from what I hope it will lead me to - SATISFACTION. 

So, this one day, mase I opened my Youtube channel, suddenly ada this one video suggested for me. 
"Conversation Between Us Trailer"
At first, I thought it was real trailer. So, macam nak tau gak, about the preview of the story, best sgt ke, and it turned out to be just a FanVid made by the fans.
The way they edited the scenes into one story, so professional - I was actually amused by the work done.

Then I started looking through the reviews and comments, and most of them were positive.
Then I saw this sentence A LOT:

April Loves Black Coffee

That made me wonder and jumped into a deep curiosity. 
What the hell does "April Loves Black Coffee" has to do with this trailer?"

I read the description, until I found out the real connection between them.
The trailer was specially made for this one fanfic entitled: 

CONVERSATION BETWEEN US (CBU)

and, it was crowned as the best fanfic of the year

What's so good about this fanfic to be able to hold such fame? I was shot with multiple questions, until the last two days, I made my move. 
Selalunye, I dare say, I always leave myself reading half-way especially for this type of reading.
Bukan nak cakap ape, but I look at them as something 'cheap' - JAHAT gile, so I appreciate them less as compared to those bestsellers have to offer.

When I first read the preview, I talked to myself:
"It does look believable and trustful"
Somehow, the fanfic managed to grab my full attention. 
Mula2 tgk the pages, mmg nak give up la.
40 pages for only a fiction written by an unknown writer, that's not worthy. 

So like I first said, the preview was the one who lead me. 
I wanted to know more, and I became greedy as the page went by.
Every details, I pictured them perfectly in my head. And, to tell the truth, I seriously mmg x berape sgt cerita yg sooo overly romantic like ehem* Twilight *ehem. 
I don't really believe in a pure, innocent love. - TIPU gile. 
I wanted something filled with comedy, mainly because I always picture my future love as someone with humor and arrogant at the same time. - Amal, when n where can u find such guy?

and I found him in this story - Jaewon (the main guy)
Sometimes, while reading the fanfic, I always wonder, if it's actually a total fiction or a fact I was actually picturing the fiction out to be a fact?
I dare say, none of the fictions I read before, can actually drive me together throughout the story. 
How ridiculous I can be, when I was in pain the same way as the characters were. 

It started with how the main female character (Maybelline Lee aka May - make fun of me, cause that's how I got attached to this story OK) met the antagonist - Sangwoo. At first, Sangwoo aka Crist was the good, romantic, nice and oh-so-handsome guy every woman adores until later on, when the male character (Jaewon aka Mayhem) came into the picture, his confusions, obsession and greed ate him inside. 
Macam all those typical Korean dramas, you'll be offered with this triangle love. 
But, the way their love entangled, somehow, differs a bit. 
Sangwoo confused May as his long lost love, his darkest memory he wanted to forget, but the truth is, his Misun (Sangwoo's ex-gf) was long gone. He wanted May to be Misun. 
Then, came Jaewon (the biggest rival of Sangwoo), he just wanted to play along the game created by Sangwoo.  Little he knew, he actually took another step to meet his ultimate end when he finally got attached to May. 



Jaewon - he's surrounded with unsolved mysteries. Everything about him was sooo secretive. His arrogant humor, I never found such character before. A character if in reality, mmg rase nak bagi penampar but x jadi because, when u actually wanted to, u found yourself fell for him even more. 

May - She got her name from Maybelline???. The reason why? U have to read it by yourself. The main female character. She seemed to be a tough girl on the outside, but the reality is, she's a weakling. Until, the day she met Jaewon, and how the truth was being revealed, she never meets a pure loyalty. She kept on meeting betrayal and hurtful events in her life until the end.

Sangwoo - If this fiction is not just a...fiction - Mmg dah lama dah bunuh mamat ni. Ok, me being emo here, mcm la cerita ni betul2 wujud - 
He's the good guy at the beginning then a bad guy, then a good guy again, then a devil at the end. 

about the rest of the characters, rasa x perlu la nak mention kat sini. Kalau nak tau sangat, u got to read it by yourself la.
Blame the PMS again, so far, this fanfic has brought these tiny droplets of tears out of my eyes a bit. Emo x memasal. And blame the background music from my iPod. Lagu nak sentimental je. 

oh yeah, talking about music, I just wanted to share the hype. I was jumping hysterically when I found out about Beast's comeback. Junhyung...he shouldn't kill me this way. Kenapa handsome sgt OK! Boleh x, x payah nak wat suare macho2 time rap tu, pastu nak buat hairstyle bagai HyunBin dalam Secret Garden? 
Lepas tu, nak cakap2 pulak, it's a fact tu kan!

and this one very song yang extremely addictive, and because of this song, I pictured CBU as not just another fiction randomly written in internet. 



Pick up quotes:
May: What is your favourite colour?
Jaewon: Black
Jaewon: What is your favourite colour?
May: Pink

see? I blend the colors just for you two, n i'm gonna make the same for my next dental brackets...:))

how dedicative is that?

FOREVER APRIL LOVES BLACK COFFEE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Readers

Who Am I?

My photo
Don't judge from the words written but eyes that are seeing